Sunday, September 7, 2008

Tropic Thunder Review and how ADHD jokes don't offend me much tonight at eleven.

Well I just saw Tropic Thunder last night. I had a choice between that or Hamlet 2 and I'm glad I chose Tropic Thunder. It was probably one of the best movies I've seen this year (along with Pineapple Express). One thing that I found funny before the movie started was I saw three kids, who looked like they were seven years old, walk in to watch Tropic Thunder. If you've seen the red-band trailer, you would've thought they would say ewww right when the movie started, and they did (if you saw the begining of the movie than you know what I'm talking about). All and all the movie wasn't half bad. It was drop-dead laugh till you have a heart attack funny (or is that a little drastic?). Most of all, Tom Cruise steals the show by dancing his ass off (wearing a $ necklass, get it?). I gotta say it was violent, but hilarious (and possibly career saving for Tom Cruise). In short: go see this movie. It's fucking worth it.


Now, I have ADHD. I found out I had it a couple years ago. I am completly unoffended by jokes about ADHD. As a matter of fact, ADHD jokes are my favorite kind of jokes. For those who don't know what ADHD is, I'll define it for you. ADHD (Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder): It typically presents itself during childhood, and is characterized by a persistent pattern of inattention and/or hyperactivity, as well as forgetfulness, poor impulse control or impulsivity, and distractibility. (Source: Wikipedia). Other people (of whom I expect to have ADHD but haven't been diagnosed with it) define it as another form of mental retardation (lolwut). But I can manage having it. I'm not that hyper (except when I don't take my pill). I don't know much about ADHD but I don't think having it is that mind altering. What it does is:

  • makes it hard to pay attention
  • procrastinate
  • and I sometimes drift off in my mind causing me to not fini















sh what I'm doing.

It's not that bad (unless your in school or have a job or a wife and kids, then mabie you should go see someone). But if you find a good ADHD joke, tell it to me. Leave a comment. Now I'm gonna go outsi

No comments: