Sunday, May 31, 2009

8th Grade, A Look Back

I've noticed there is a complete lack of anything new. I know. It's summer. Next year I'll be moving on to 9th Grade. So, for no reason, I guess I'll reflect on what the 8th Grade was like. In a nutshell, the 8th Grade was papers and noticing the large amount of other students who kept asking me to get a MySpace account. In school, I was not very social. However, this year I met more people. I met two people who were emo for the first time. One of them wore Disney pins and the other came out of the closet by the end of the year (seriously). I knew a good amount of chicks. The way I met them went like this, one of my friends would say, "this is Tom", and then I would say, "Hi, I'm despirate. May I help you?" The school I went to for the 8th Grade was kinda loosing money fast. We would have been able to go to Universal to have a graduation party there, but it was replaced with a picnic in a park right across the street from the school. We didn't even have a graduation ceremony. On the last day of school we just took our final exams and left. However, to spice up the picnic I brought iPod speakers and blasted the song Sadam A Go Go by Gwar. The school also had strange-assed ways of dealing with students. One student was suspended for "horse play". One kid was expelled for touching a teacher on the nose. And we weren't aloud to listen to iPods during lunch. I understand not being aloud to listen to iPods in class, but what's the big deal about lunch? And, of corse, I was under extreme pressure from my mom to get all A's and B's. There is not much to mention really about that. So yeah. That's really the 8th Grade I had in a nutshell for you.

No comments: