Friday, June 5, 2009

Throwback

For some reason, I've really gotten into soda, soda advertisements, soda history, etc. Lately, I've been reading a lot about soda. I don't know why. I mean, I've read about Coca-Cola, Pepsi, RC Cola, Mountain Dew, Dr. Pepper, a tons of other sodas. I think I've become a sodaholic. I think the number one reason why I've become a sodaholic is one word: "Throwback". I love Pepsi and Mountain Dew Throwback. Reason being is because it tastes awesome and it's made with sugar instead of HFCS. I've known for a while now about the major MAJOR health and taste differences between HFCS and sugar, and Throwback (in my opinion) was the smartest move any soda company has made since Coca-Cola made Coca-Cola classic. Here is my theory: other soda companies would see that people will pay extra for sodas made with natural cane sugar instead of sodas made with HFCS. Then, more companies will use natural cane sugar. Then, HFCS will quietly vanish as more sodas and snacks taste better and end up a little more healthier. I know that with natural cane sugar, your body knows what to do with it and can dispose of it properly. With HFCS, your body doesn't know what to do with it, so over time you get fatter. Plus, HFCS can cause acne and diabetes. I know someone who is in the hospital right now because she has to much HFCS in her system. So, I need to start stocking up on the Throwback before June 13.

No comments: